December 31, 2012

Small Business Recap 2012

via sixwordstoryeveryday.com
I posted my business goals for 2012 back in December of 2011. I also did a recap in April this year. Now its the end of 2012 and lets see how I did. 

Goals:
  1. Create new/test products on regular basis. I don't think I will ever be happy with the amount of products I create/test. I found through out the year this is not really a goal but good business practice for growing your business. You and I should always be thinking out of the box and keep coming up with new ideas.   
  2. Streamline where I can. I am going to mark this goal complete! I streamlined my paper inventory which really helped. I also started shipping free paper color samples to customers which has helped a lot for them to see and touch the paper before ordering. No more surprise colors when your order comes in the mail. I FINALLY (I put finally in all caps since I must have been living under a rock for not starting this sooner!) started using paypal for shipping. Talk about streamlining! Just printing shipping labels at home has saved me money, time and gas. I still go to the post office for international orders but that is fine by me.
  3. Cutting costs. This one is kinda part of #2. Streamlining and cutting costs go hand in hand. I will also say I made good progress for this goal with shipping via paypal.  
  4. Making my name known. I make some progress, but again I don't think it could ever be enough. I reached out to local vendors (only had a couple of replies), I advertised on a wedding blog which I know brought traffic to my site but not sure how many sales came from it. A new goal for 2013 is to open my own online store other than etsy and artfire. I just feel its time, I don't want to have all my eggs in one basket.
Another goal I had was my sales goal for the year. I am happy to report I made it! I didn't make it until late December but I made it and that is what counts.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on streamlining! I feel like I waste so much time/ money because I haven't come up with an efficient system, but I have a few ideas in mind for the new year. *fingers crossed* By the way, I had no idea you had an Etsy shop! Took a peek around and I really loved what I saw. I'll be thinking of you next time I need a paper order :) Congrats on achieving all your goals. Hopefully, the trend will continue into the new year!

    ReplyDelete